According to a recent survey by InterNations, which have ranked 65 countries for the friendliest destinations for expats, Canada landed on the tenth spot.
In one of our previous posts, we have shared with you the steps and important tips on how to apply for visit visa for your trip to the US. If you are an OFW and are planning to visit your family or relatives in Canada (which is very common for us Filipinos) you will need to secure a visit visa first. Here’s how:
Applying for a Canada Visit Visa from Kuwait
Applying for a Canada Visit Visa can be done online or by mail. But since we want to help you take the more convenient route, we will share with you the basic requirements and steps on how to apply for a Canada Visit Visa online.
- Your original and valid passport
- Your flight and travel itinerary to Canada
- A letter of invitation to visit from family or relatives residing in Canada
- A copy of your recent Police Clearance, or any document to prove that you do not have any outstanding criminal record or immigration-related violations
- Your travel history documents (previous passports and visas during the last 10 years)
- Proof of medical examination
- Copies of your recent passport size photographs
- Provide your Family Information document [Form IMM5645] as part of your Immigration record.
- A recent copy of your financial statement (preferably for the last four months)
- The amount of funds in your bank account should meet all the required expenses you will need for your stay in Canada and if you will be staying in a hotel or with your family or friends.
- Other supporting documents to prove financial capacity may include a letter of employment, proof of assets or business, tax reports, declarations, and statements, as well as a letter from your sponsor which could either be a person or an institution (who will sponsor your travel expenses)
Note: You may provide as many of these supporting documents where it is applicable.
- Visit the IRCC website and create an account. Read through all the information regarding visa requirements.
- Download, print, and fill out all the relevant forms, checklists, and waivers needed for the purpose of your travel.
Note: Once you have gone through the visa screening process on the IRCC website, you will be directed to a page which will provide you with all the forms (application package) you need to print and to fill out in order to proceed with your application. Please read and follow the instructions carefully.
- Pay the Visitor Visa Fee (CAN $ 100 or KD 24) online. Make sure to take note of and bring the receipt on the day of your visit to the application centre.
Important: You will need to have an active debit or credit card for your payment as this is the only way for you to pay this fee.
- Go to the nearest Canada Visa Application Centre in the area you live in. Be sure to have all the required documents (completed forms, checklists, waivers, and payment receipts) with you.
- Be prepared to pay the corresponding service charge at the CVAC for our visa application. Once settled, they will provide you with a receipt which has a unique tracking (reference) number which you will need to check the progress of your application online.
Note: The online tracking system will not provide the final evaluation of your visa application, but it will only inform you whether your passport is still being processed or is already available for collection.
Important: It is highly advised that you come in person for the collection of your passport to make sure that all the information on your visa (if granted) is correct.
Canada Visa Application Centre
54th Floor, Arraya Tower (Near Courtyard by Marriott)
Alshuhada Street, Alasimah Governate, Kuwait City, Kuwait.
Hours of Operation:
CVAC Opening Time 9:00 – 17:00
Application Submission: 9:00-15:00
Passport Collection : 15:00-17:00
Helpline phone numbers and Email:
Hotline Number: +96522913770
Email: [email protected]