Acquiring a driver’s license in Kuwait is not an easy task. Not all can get a drivers can get one and some have to wait for 2 years to be able to apply one.
The first step is getting a learner’s license or “Istimara” – Click here
Steps in Applying for a Driver’s License in Kuwait
- Passports (photocopy) and personal information and a residency stamp.
- A letter from sponsor about the applicant’s information in the company and full name and address of your colleagues in the company that you’re working in.
- Proof of billing and residential address, copy of electricity bill.
- A copy of your pay slip.
- A driver’s license from home country certified applicant’s embassy in Kuwait.
- Blood test results from the lab.
- Eye exam certificate
- 4pcs (2X3) colored photos
- 15KD (Kuwaiti Dinar)
Once you have completed these documents or requirements, get your eye exam certificate from the local traffic department and have it submitted to the Ministry of Public Health in Qurtoba. Once done you need to go to the License Section and submit the following requirements.
- Photocopies and Original Civil ID
- 4 pcs. Passport sized photographs
- Letter of employment from your company
- Work permit (photocopy)
Proceed to the Traffic Department in Qurtiba with a KD 10 stamp for an eye exams and blood tests. It will take two days to get the results. The results should be submitted to the License Section to be registered.
And lastly, go to the traffic department to set a date to take the driving test center. The fee is 10KD (Kuwaiti Dinar).
For the complete list of getting different kinds of license in Kuwait, you can click here
Some driving reminders:
- All vehicles should be legally registered and insured.
- All drivers should have their driver’s license with them.
- Wear your seat belts.
- Be aware of the speed limit.
- Be aware and follow the traffic lights.
- Do not drink and drive.
- In case you get into an accident you can call the emergency hotline number (999) or (199) for traffic police.
Address: Mafwa Road, Al Ahmadi, Al-Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait
Hotline number: 0000112
Email: [email protected]