Kuwait has been home of many OFWs in the middle east for decades. It also offers a wide variety of opportunities for our fellow kabayans who live in this country. For those of you who are processing a renewal of your Philippine Passport, you may read the guide below for your information.
Renewal / Application of New Passport in Kuwait
Pointers / Requirements for Passport Renewal
- Personal appearance
- Duly filled-up passport application and /or extension form
- Original passport
- Photocopy of passport data page and last page
- Photocopy of Kuwait residence visa, if any
- Those whose passports are about to expire within the next 6 months, or whose Kuwait residence visas are about to expire within one year from the date of expiry of the passport, should apply for EXTENSION and RENEWAL of their passport in order to avoid any lapse in the validity of their passports and payment of immigration penalty
- Use BLACK INK in filling up the passport application form
- Passports that have expired for more than one year may no longer be extended
- The validity of passports may only be extended once
- Upon receiving the new passport, the Kuwait residence visa must be IMMEDIATELY TRANSFERRED to avoid immigration penalties
STEPS TO APPLY/RENEW PHILIPPINE PASSPORT
Tips: There are no definite steps provided by the embassy website however it is always wiser to follow the usual procedure when you have transactions at a government office.
- Applicant is advised to be in proper decent attire (with collar)
- The embassy is only accepting applicants for renewal between 8:00AM to 12:30PM
- Bring all your necessary documents to avoid any hassle during the process
- Be at the embassy early as it is expected that there are other kabayans who will process their as well.
- Double check all the information that you have provided and the one that the staff have encoded to avoid any errors and hassle in the process.
For Claiming of Passports: It takes approximately 40 days more or less before its ready for release. You can claim your passport at the embassy between 8:00AM to 2:30PM
- PLEASE CHECK DATE AND TIME OF RELEASE. BRING OLD PASSPORT WHEN CLAIMING NEW PASSPORT
- Paspports unclaimed after six (6) months from the date of issuance will be cancelled per Department Order No. 37-03.
- Extension of green passport will soon be discontinued per DFA Circular 516-OUA-2012 to comply with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards requiring all non-machine readable passports to be out of circulation by 2015.
- Upon receipt of the new passport, please transfer immediately the Visa to the new passport to avoid payment of Immigration fines.
Other Useful Articles:
- For Other Passport related inquiry
- Philippine Embassy Kuwait Contact Information
- For Other Philippine Government Agencies Contact Information
The Philippine Embassy Kuwait
Email: [email protected]
Address: Block 6, Villa 153 Nouman Bin Basher St. corner Damascus St. Faiha, State of Kuwait
P.O. Box 26288 Safat 13123 State of Kuwait
Telephone No.: (+965) 2252-8422; 2251-1806 Hotline Number: (+965) – 5595-2909
Fax No.: (+965) 2251-1805
Office Hours: Sunday to Thursday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm (Except Holidays)
Article Source: The Philippine Embassy – Kuwait: http://www.kuwaitpe.dfa.gov.ph/