Among other things, Kuwait is well-known for its numerous shopping malls. They have become landmarks and destinations in themselves, with some located in popular public beaches. But whether on the beach or not, a shopping mall in Kuwait has something special to offer to both the locals and the tourists.
Here we have compiled a list of places where you can shop in Kuwait for your reference.
Shopping Destinations in Kuwait
The Big and the Complex
- The Avenues – With more than 800 stores, The Avenues holds the title of being the largest mall in Kuwait. It is located in Al-Rai Industrial Area and along the Fifth Ring Road. Divided into seven sections espousing a variety of ambience, a shopper can choose from the 2nd Avenue’s outdoor feel to The Souk’s more traditional market surroundings. It is no surprise that The Avenues is the recipient of ICSC Gold Award for “Best Shopping Center 2013” under the Expansion and Design Category in the Middle East & North Africa.
- Marina Mall and Marina Crescent – are the shopping components of another interconnected property developments (Marina World) in Kuwait. Marina Mall has more than 150 shops to be explored while well-known cafes and restaurants are housed in Marina Crescent. The latter allows for an enjoyable view of the sea while enjoying food or coffee.
- Al Kout Mall – This mall follows in the footsteps of Marina Mall in offering not only world-class retail stores but entertainment and unparalleled leisure experiences in a single destination with the beautiful view of the sea. Situated in Fahaheel, shops and stores range from local to international brands. The mall is known for its musical fountains which set the perfect background for shoppers who lounge after a day of shopping.
Of Shapes and Sizes
- Al Hamra Tower – the tallest building in Kuwait, has a five-storey mall that has all the works: high-end stores, restaurants, and cinemas, plus the exhilarating view of Kuwaiti skyline when dining or relaxing at the rooftop’s garden.
- Al Mohalab Center -If height does not impress, perhaps the shape of a ship would. Al Mohalab Center is that mall in Kuwait that can initially attract for its “Titanic look.” Like Alhamra Tower, it has five floors catering to all the shopper’s needs. It is popular for the health buff or anyone needing some pampering with its wide-range of services on health including dental clinics, massage parlors, and spas.
- Shaq Mall – Another mall to behold is the Sharq Mall with its beautiful architecture. It is made even more inviting with the promenades surrounding it and the relaxing view of the waters. Some water activities in a man-made lake behind the mall adds premium to this place. Of course, the water clock inside the mall is another must-see at Sharq Mall.
- 360 Mall – At the intersection of the King Faisal Highway and the 6th Ring Road, another unique mall stands. More than the size, the circular structure of 360 Mall is what catches the eye. It is a must place to visit for those interested in luxury shopping. Visitors are welcome to 7 zones providing unique shopping experiences including a charming indoor vertical garden that grows about 21,000 plants.
Down the Busy Street
- Al-Fanar Mall – In the district of Salem Al Mubarak Street in Salmiya, Al Fanar mall is yet another beautiful architecture with popular shops, restaurants, and cafes to offer. It boasts of great movie theaters, ample parking space, and round-the-clock customer service and security.
- Laila Gallery Complex – Another mall to reach whenever in the busy Al-Mubarak Street is the Laila Gallery Complex. One of the best offerings of the mall is the movie theater. The moviegoers can then enjoy going around about 80 stores of the mall as well as the restaurants and leisure center.
The Mall for Kids
- Kuwait Magic Mall – This mall is magical to young patrons with the various fun rides and games to enjoy. For those who are into history, there is the huge section designed as an Egyptian tomb with Hieroglyphics and pillar stones. The contemplative shoppers may want to stop by and rest at the mock woodland scene to appreciate nature and the peace and quiet.
While Kuwait has enough of impressive shopping destinations, it continues to excite shoppers all over the world by developing more unique ways to making shopping ever more pleasurable, convenient, and a travel goal in itself.
Did we miss anything in the list? Do let us know in the Comments and we’ll add it to this article!