How to Apply for a Connection/Increase in Electrical Current (Joint Procedure) in Kuwait

Sooner or later, everyone just has to get their first-hand taste of living independently, while it may sound exciting at first, this big change entails a lot of important work, too. This includes paying your own rent and sorting out your household utility requirements for water and electrical connections.

If you managed to get a place of your own, you may be required to file applications or request for utility services such as water and electricity, as authorized by your sponsor here in Kuwait. In this post, we will walk you through the process of applying for a connection or an increase in electrical current here in Kuwait. Here’s how:

Requesting for a Connection/an Increase in Electrical Current (Joint Procedure) in Kuwait

Citizens, residents (including expats through their sponsors) and businesses may file an application for connection / increase in electrical current here in Kuwait.


To request for power connection, the applicant must provide:

  • A letter of request from the owner of the residence with its complete address

To request for an increase in electrical current, the following documents are needed:

  • A copy of the building’s original blueprint and lighting layout as authorized by the Fire Department.
  • The payment receipt of the prescribed fees.
  • A copy of the establishment’s title deed.
  • A copy of the equipment maintenance contract


  1. Go to the Fire Department’s Prevention Section located at the First Floor of Al Rehab Complex along Tunis Street in the Governorate of Hawally, Kuwait

Note: The Al Rehab Complex is open daily from 10:00 am – 11:00 pm.

  1. Fill out the service application form available on-site.
  2. Pay the service fee (KD 20-25, if you’re applying for either a residence or a business/shop)

Once your application has been processed and approved, the Ministry of Electricity and Water will provide the service to your residence or location.

Leave a Comment