Those who are planning to visit Japan may require you to apply for a tourist visa beforehand. Here’s a guide on how to get a Japan visa for tourism purpose if you are based in Kuwait.
Traveling to Japan anytime within the year is always a welcome idea for most tourists because Japan has a lot of events going on all year round, but if you’re a little tight on your budget, try to avoid the Festival months starting March to August. Then again, you really can’t put a price on quality experiences.
But should you decide to visit Japan anytime soon, you would need to learn the process of getting a tourist visa to enter Japan. A Japan tourist visa would enable visitors to stay for up to 90 days (3 months) in the country. To find out more about the documents needed for your application, read on…
Applying for a Japan Visit Visa in Kuwait
- A duly accomplished visa application form which you can download here
- Your valid and original passport with at least two consecutive blank pages
- A recent passport size photograph
- Your airfare tickets and corresponding flight itinerary
- Your hotel booking reservation
- Your salary certificate
- Your latest bank statement issued in the last three (3) months
- Your daily schedule in Japan
- Once you have prepared all the required documents itemized above, you may visit the Embassy of Japan in Kuwait located at:
Embassy of Japan in Kuwait
Address: Mishref 7A (Diplomatic Area), Plot 57
Telephone: (+965)2530-9400, 2530-9456, 2530-9457
Note: Visit the Japan Embassy from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm any day from Sunday to Thursday for the submission of your visa application. For safe measure, go to the Embassy at least 30 minutes before opening hours.
- Proceed to the visa processing counter and submit all the necessary documents and settle your payment. The receiving officer will do a quick check of your documents. Once the officer-in-charge acknowledges receipt of your papers for processing, you will be given a schedule slip for the collection of your passport and visa (if it is approved).
Note: Visa Fees as per the Embassy of Japan in Kuwait are priced as follows:
Ordinary: KD 8.000
Indian Nationals: KD 2.500
- Wait for your passport and visa to be released. Processing time usually takes about 4 to 6 business days depending on the category of the visa requested and the applicant’s nationality.
- Return to the Embassy for the collection of your passport and visa on the prescribed release date.
Note: Visa and passport collection usually take place in the afternoon (from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm), so please be guided accordingly.
As you would expect, the visa application process is quite strict and rigorous so giving yourself ample time (of about 2 months) prior your scheduled date of travel will help you prepare all the documents you need to have a smooth-sailing application experience at the Embassy. Good luck and safe travels!