In the event that get hospitalized here in Kuwait, there are certain things that you need to prepare and do before you get access to your medical records as sanctioned by the Kuwaiti Government.
Medical Reports are necessary for a variety of reasons. For one, it is part of the requirements to resume or when you are looking for work here in Kuwait. If you are an expat and are not familiar with the process, here is how you can request for your medical report:
Requesting for a Medical Report in Kuwait
As a citizen or a foreign national in Kuwait, you need to possess certain documents to ascertain the government that your stay and activities here in the Gulf State, are legal and valid. This also applies to availing medical services and all the paperwork that comes with it.
- Your valid and original Civil ID
- Your hospitalization record
There are certain things that you need to consider upon requesting for a medical report. Perhaps the most important of which is the applicant’s circumstances. Is the applicant still alive? Is the applicant imprisoned at the time being? Does the applicant have a pending investigation in court? Depending on the case, the applicant will need to proceed differently with their application:
- The applicant should go to the Office of Medical Reports and Commissions of the respective hospital and submit all of the requirements.
- If the patient could not be physically present for the application process, a first-degree relative of the patient can personally apply on his/her stead
- If the person is deceased or has a pending legal investigation in court, the applicant will need to proceed to the Legal Affairs Department of the Ministry of Health.
- If the person is in jail, the request will have to be forwarded through the Prison Authorities.
- Fill out the service application available on-site.
- Pay the 1 KD fee for the income stamp.
- Personally obtain the medical report at the given date.
Requesting for a medical report is necessary for a variety of reasons. Should you need to request for one, be sure to consider your circumstances so that you can proceed with the application smoothly.