For anyone who’s scouting for where to open a savings account, the plethora of options could get a bit overwhelming at first. But if you look at some of the top banks that have made a mark not only in the financial, but also in the retail, commercial, and corporate industries, there’s one name that you need to heavily consider and that is Security Bank.
Security Bank is one of the fastest growing commercial banks in the Philippines. It has seen rapid growth during the last decade through its aggressive expansion efforts as seen from its huge number of service branches and ATMs all over the country. If you would like to open a savings account with Security Bank, here’s how:
Applying for a Security Bank Savings Account
When you decide to open a Security Bank savings account, you get to take advantage of the following perks and services:
- A Php 5,000 initial deposit as well as maintaining balance needed (Easy Account).
- The minimum average daily balance (ADB) for a savings account to earn interest is Php 100,000.
- Conveniently open an account either through any of Security Banks’ service branches or online enrolment facility.
- Perform transactions via Security Bank’s wide network of POS terminals and ATM units all over the country
- Open up to ten (10) eSecure Savings accounts at the same time.
- No account lock-in period. Get instant access to your finances whenever you want.
- Apply for a foreign currency account, where applicable.
- One (1) primary or two (2) secondary valid IDs
- Primary IDs:
- Driver’s License
- Postal ID Card (PVC Plastic Card)
- Voter’s ID
- PRC License
- GSIS / SSS ID Card
- Unified Multi-purpose ID
- School ID
- Senior Citizen’s Card
- Secondary IDs:
- Company ID
- OFW ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- PhilHealth Insurance Card ng Bayan (PHICB)
- City Health Card/Health Certificate Card
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) Card
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Barangay Certification/Clearance
- Seaman’s Book
- A duly accomplished account opening online form available here
- The application reference number sent via SMS
- The initial deposit required to open a regular savings account (Easy Account).
- Primary IDs:
- Access Security Bank’s Official Website and completely fill out the Account Opening Online Form.
- After you have completed your application form, you will be sent an application reference number via SMS. Remember to keep this number.
Visit your preferred Security Bank branch (based on the information you specified on your application form) to finalize your application process. Provide all the above-listed requirements. After you have paid your initial deposit, you will be issued your debit Mastercard and/or passbook, where applicable