Life as an OFW can bring about so many pressures – one, from living alone far from your family and home, another, is the pressure to do well at work and to earn more than you do back home. If you are looking for a means to save up and send your remittances back home in a timely and secure manner, then you have got to go shopping for banks and consider Metrobank’s OFW Savings account.
Metrobank is one of the biggest and most trusted commercial banks in the Philippines, and because of that, Metrobank has expanded its various programs and portfolio even to those who are not based in the Philippines, particularly the OFWs and their beneficiaries back home. If you would like to open a Metrobank OFW Savings Account, read on…
Applying for a Metrobank OFW Savings Account
Some of the benefits and services you can enjoy when you open a Metrobank OFW Savings Account include the following:
- No initial deposit and no maintaining balance required
- The minimum maintaining balance in an OFW savings account to earn interest is Php 10,000
- An annual interest rate of 0.250%
- Documentation available in the form of either an ATM Card or an account passbook
- Any valid government-issued ID with photograph such as:
- Voter’s ID
- Postal ID
- Driver’s license
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- Barangay Clearance
- Police/NBI Clearance
- And many more…
- Two (2) pcs. of your recent 2 x 2 photograph
- [Optional] Letter of endorsement
- Go to the nearest Metrobank service branch or Remittance Partner centre in your area.
- Advise the bank officer that would like to open an OFW savings account. Remember, there is no required initial deposit fee for this type of account.
- Fill out the account opening form online and provide the requirement(s) for opening a Metrobank OFW savings account.
Note: Review all the information you specify in your application form in order to avoid any hassle in the verification and processing of your account.
- Once you have provided all the documents and requirements needed and your account has been approved, you will be issued ether an ATM card or an account passbook.