In the battle of the most valuable peso savings account for OFWs, one product stands out and for several good reasons. In this post, we will take a look at some of the benefits and advantages of opening a ‘Kabayan’ Account with BDO.
The BDO Kabayan Savings Account is not just an account for your savings, but it is also a strategic tool which you can use to build your credit profile with BDO, which, in effect, would help you qualify and avail certain loans such as for applying for a car, business, or house loan in the Philippines. If that sounds just about right along your goals for working abroad as an OFW, then this account is for you. Read on to know more about the application process:
Applying for a BDO Kabayan Savings Account
Signing up for a BDO Kabayan Savings Account entitles you to the following perks and services:
- An initial deposit of only Php 100 and you’re good to go.
- Zero maintaining balance, but you must use it at least once a year to maintain activity or else it will become a regular savings account with a (higher) maintaining balance of Php 5,000.
- No delay in sending your remittances back home.
- Get a free BDO passbook and/or ATM debit card when you open a Kabayan Savings Account
- Members may qualify for free accident and life insurance
- Collect BDO Rewards points from your savings and remittances.
- Pay your insurances and loans through the Auto-debit arrangement (ADA) feature available for this type of account.
- Any of the following valid IDs:
- Postal ID
- Driver’s License
- PRC ID
- OWWA ID
- SSS ID / GSIS ID
- Philhealth card
- HDMF ID
- Company ID (i.e. BSP, SEC, or from any IC-registered companies)
- School ID
- NBI / Police Clearance
- Barangay Certificate / Clearance
- NSO-issued birth certificate
- Senior Citizen’s Card
- One (1) pc. 1 x 1 photograph
- The initial deposit fee of either Php 100.00 (peso savings) or $100.00 (dollar savings)
- Visit the nearest BDO branch in your area and ask assistance from the bank officer for opening a new Kabayan Savings Account.
- You will be given a set of application forms that you need to fill out. Make sure that all the information provided is correct and error-free.
- After you’ve filled out all the forms, provide all the required documents listed above as well as the initial deposit fee. The bank officer will issue you a deposit slip after he/she has reviewed and filed your application for processing.
- Keep the deposit slip as you will need this for the collection of your account passbook/ATM. This usually takes about 3-5 banking days.
- Once you have received your ATM or passbook, consider enrolling for BDO’s phone or online banking services to maximize your banking experience.