In the changing tides of the economic and financial landscape today, even if you’re just starting out to earn for yourself, it is now considered a must to become more financially literate and actively involved in saving and investing for the future.
Despite its relatively newness in the field, Chinabank has already established itself among the largest thrift banks in the country today. Being the strong arm of China Bank Corporation in the retail lending industry, Chinabank has also established its market presence in the country with over 150 service branches nationwide and a strong service platform for retail banking, auto, education, housing, and enterprise financing. Chinabank has spread its services to the diversified and dynamic needs of a wide range of consumers as well as in the field of Small and Medium Enterprise (SME). If you are interested to open a savings account with Chinabank, here’s how:
Applying for a Chinabank Savings Account
As a savings account holder of Chinabank, you get to enjoy the following benefits and services such as:
- A Php 500 initial deposit and minimum maintaining balance for an Easi-Save Account.
- For only a monthly minimum balance of Php 1,000, an Easi-Save account will earn interest at 0.50% annually.
- With Chinabank’s extensive ATM network (over 160 locations), you can easily access your funds and perform simple transactions such as checking your account balance, making deposits and/or withdrawals, transferring funds, paying bills, and shopping via BancNet partner merchants.
- Original and clear copy/ies of at least one (1) of the following government-issued IDs:
- Voter’s ID
- Driver’s License
- Postal ID
- Social Security System (SSS) Card
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) License Card
- Government Service and Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
- Police Clearance
- Senior Citizen Card
- Barangay Certification
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) ID
- Seaman’s Book
- And others…
- Two (2) copies of your recent 1×1 photograph
- [NEW] Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Go to the nearest Chinabank branch in your area and make sure to have all the above-listed documents for opening an Easi-Save Account at hand.
- Inform the bank officer at the New Accounts section that you would like to open an Easi-Save Account.
- Completely fill out the application form that you will be provided with.
Note: Remember to go through all the information you have provided in your application form to avoid any hassle or unnecessary delay in the processing of your application.
- Submit your application form together with the requirements as well as the initial deposit for your savings account of choice (Easi-Save).
- Once your application has been received for processing and verification, the bank officer will advise you as to when you may collect your ATM card from the same branch.
Note: This usually takes about 3-5 days or as per advice by your chosen Chinabank branch.