For the sake of convenience and accessibility, many Filipinos both here and in the Philippines make the decision to open a BPI Savings account. But with a number of products and tools offered by virtually almost every bank out ther, what makes BPI’s BPInoy Savings Account stand out?
First of all, the name speaks for itself. Being the very first bank to be established in the Philippines, you would know that the company already has years of experience and expertise under its belt… not to mention a solid market in the Philippines. And for OFWs and their families, this would translate to reliability of services on top of the actual benefits and perks that are unique to this product. Financial tools such as the BPInoy Savings Account empower OFWs and their families to take charge of their finances and save up for their future since working abroad is not something to be viewed as permanent. If you have the same goal/s for you and your family, continue to read on how to open a BPInoy Savings Account through the following simple steps:
Applying for a BPInoy Savings Account
Opening a BPInoy Savings Account entitles members to the following perks and benefits:
- Zero initial deposit and maintaining balance so long as a regular remittance transaction is made at least once every three months.
- Higher annual interest rates vs. a regular savings account
- Access to over 14,000 Bancnet, Expressnet, and Megalink, ATMs all over the country.
- Convenient cash transactions in more than 1 million Cirrus-linked ATMs in over 210 countries all worldwide available in the currency of your current residence/location.
- Be on top of your account activities such as monitoring your account balance, paying bills or reloading your phones, and transferring funds through BPI ATMs, BPI Online, Phone, and Mobile Banking services.
- Enjoy cashless shopping with BPI’s Express Payment System (EPS) available in any partner establishment nationwide. No enrolment required.
- Open an account straight from your own computer using BPI’s online portal.
- Any two (2) of the following valid IDs listed below:
- Voter’s ID
- Postal ID
- Driver’s license
- PRC license
- Philhealth ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- Police / NBI Clearance
- And many more
- Proof of billing or any recent utility bill receipt (water, electricity, telephone/internet, credit card bills)
- Two (2) copies of your recent 2 x 2 photos
- If you decide to open an account at the bank, simply go to any nearby BPI branch in your area. Head over to the New Accounts Section and ask help from the bank officer regarding opening a BPInoy Savings Account.
- The account officer will ask you fill out a set of application forms. Remember to double-check all the information you write in the forms to avoid any mistakes that could deter or delay your application.
- After completely filling out the forms, submit the above-listed requirements for verification and processing of your application.
- Once your application has been received and processed, wait for further instructions and/or notifications from the bank officer. You may also ask for his/her contact number to check on the status of your application.
Note: Typically, the application process for this type of account would only take a day or two for both the account and ATM card to be available, so please be guided as to when you should return for the collection of document/s.
Upon receipt of your ATM card, you will have to activate it via any BPI ATMs. After doing this, the next ideal thing to do is to enrol your savings account to BPI’s Phone, Online, and Mobile Banking Services for easy accessibility and convenient transactions.