Have you been planning to bring your family for a holiday vacation here in Kuwait? There are some great places you can go to, especially with the kids in tow. But before you start planning, there are some things that you need to attend to first.
As with your any travels to other countries, there are certain documents that you need to secure first before you book your plane ticket for abroad. That’s also the case if you’re planning a family trip, say, like to a country such as Kuwait.
Applying for a Family Visit Visa in Kuwait
- The required visa application form
- A photocopy of the visitor’s passport (must be valid for at least 6 months from the time of the intended visit)
- Document/s to prove kinship (where certificates provided by the Embassy Department are not considered)
- Proof of financial capacity of the sponsor/ foreign provider (i.e. latest salary certificate), if he/she is employed by the Government or works from the computer.
- The Civil ID of the sponsor/ foreign provider
- For non-Kuwaiti residents/foreign providers: Go to the General Department of Immigration under the Governorate where you are referred to submit your documents.
- Completely fill out the visa service application form available on-site.
- Settle the fixed visa application fee (3KD).
There are no criteria/eligibility requirements to apply for a family visit visa in Kuwait. Visiting a family member who is currently based in Kuwait should not be a problem as long as you are able to provide documents to prove your relationship/kinship to the sponsor you’re visiting together with all the necessary requirements as itemized above.
Once you have this covered, you can then focus on where to bring your family out for a great time in the Gulf State. As a parting tip, check out our List of Museums and the Top Tourist Attractions in Kuwait.