Previously, we have shared the process on how to apply for a BPI ATM Savings Account. In this post we will take a look at the guidelines on how to open an ATM account with PNB – one of the leading banks in the Philippines, especially for OFWs who wish to securely save up their funds for future use.
The Philippine National Bank (PNB) is among one of the country’s biggest universal private banks when it comes to assets and deposits. Currently, PNB has more than 650 branches and over 1,140 ATMs all over the Philippines. Additionally, PNB has 70 branches overseas and takes pride in its international scope and presence with its international representative offices, subsidiaries, remittance centres in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, as well as in North America. With such an impressive international profile, it’s no wonder why many OFWs opt to open an account with PNB either for personal use or for sending remittances to their family in the Philippines. If you wish to do so too, continue to read below:
Applying for a PNB ATM Savings Account
If you decide to open an ATM savings Account with PNB, you get to enjoy the following perks and services:
- The required initial deposit and minimum maintaining balance is Php 3,000.
- The required maintaining balance to earn interest is Php 10,000.
- 10% annual interest rate
- Available in either passbook or ATM
- Online and Mobile Banking Services
- OFW-friendly features such as the Overseas Bills Payment System (OBPS)
- Any two (2) of the valid IDs listed below:
- Valid passport
- Updated voter’s ID
- Driver’s license
- OWWA ID
- GSIS / SSS ID
- TIN ID
- Postal ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- Police / NBI Clearance
- HDMF Pag-Ibig ID
- Government Office and GOCC ID (e.g. AFP ID), etc.
- Two (2) recent 1 x 1 photographs
- The applicant’s TIN number
- An initial deposit of Php 3,000 for the ATM account or Php 10,000 for a passbook account.
- Visit your preferred or the nearest PNB branch in your area and proceed to the New Accounts section.
- Inform the bank officer that you wish to open a new savings account. You will be given a set of application forms to fill out.
- After you have completely filled out your application form, submit it with the above listed requirements including your initial deposit of Php 3,000 to open an ATM Savings Account.
- Upon review and processing of your application, you will be given a deposit slip by the bank officer and you will be advised as to when you may collect your ATM card and bank account details from the same branch. This usually takes about 3-5 banking days or upon notification by your bank.