If you have plans of flying to Australia for a friendly visit to a relative/family, a holiday vacation, or for recreational travel, you should at least consider knowing the process for filing your Australian tourist visa application.
Applying for a visitor visa in Australia is applicable for those with activities which deal with tourism and/or business functions. For the abovementioned purpose/s, you can apply online for a visa subclass 600 either through ImmiAccount or the Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC).
Applying for an Australian Tourist Visa in Kuwait
The following sections will detail the requirements and procedures for applying for a Visitor Visa in Kuwait through the Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC):
- A completely filled out form 1419 (download) and a printed copy of the visitor visa application checklist (download)
- Your original, valid passport + photocopy
- Any proof of your international travel record and history (i.e. immigration stamp/ visa stamp)
- One recent passport size photograph (must NOT be digitally enhanced, with the name of the applicant written on the back of the photo)
- Proof of employment and financial capacity
- For employed individuals: a letter from our employer which states your current position, monthly income, start date of employment, and the period of your approved leave for the purpose of your travel.
- For self-employed individuals: provide copies of official company documents which include business registration permits, the company’s bank statements, and import/export permits.
- For unemployed married individuals: An official letter from your partner or an individual confirming his/her financial support for you. For this purpose, please provide documents specified in the above points (whichever applies for your sponsor) as proof of their sufficient funds.
- If you are visiting or were invited by your relatives/friends, please provide a letter of invitation from those individuals residing in Australia, and if they are paying for your trip, provide evidence of their financial capacity.
Note: Be prepared with the following documents: personal bank statements, audited accounts taxation records/credit card limit and/or pay slips.
- Choose the visa type or subclass that is applicable for your trip to Australia.
- Prepare all the required documents needed to start our visa application.
Note: Be sure to submit all documents during the time of your application to avoid any delays in the process.
- Process your payment for your visa application as well as the service charges. You may check for the latest visa fees and service charges at the VFS Global Website.
Note: Starting April 2017, the only payment method accepted for visa fees in Kuwait will be through Credit Card.
- Book an appointment schedule online for the submission of your visa application documents together with your biometric information at the AVAC. This is mandatory as walk-in applications are no longer entertained.
Important Note: To avoid any unnecessary delays in your application, prepare all the supporting documents specified under the visa category checklist you are working with.
- Send in your visa application documents either by mail or in person to the Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC) in Kuwait located at
Level 30, Arayya Centre,Near Courtyard by Marriott,
Al Shuhada Street, Al Asimah Governate,
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Every country has its own set of requirements for entry. By complying with the above stated requirements and procedures, you’re one step closer to visiting one of the most interesting countries in the world – Australia. And one last friendly reminder: apply early so you can travel on time.