Looking for a new travel experience? Would you chance a ride up the London Eye to witness the historic city from a bird’s eye view? Visit the famous London Bridge or check out how big the Big Ben is in the flesh? If these tickle your fancy, then consider applying for a UK tourist Visa today.
Whether it is for leisure (ie. holiday or vacation), business (ie. meetings or conferences), or for other reasons (i.e. to receive medical treatment), you will need to apply for a Standard Visitor Visa to travel to the United Kingdom.
Applying for a UK Standard Visitor Visa in Kuwait
As with other visa applications, filing for a UK Standard Visitor Visa can be done as early as 3 months before your target travel date. In order to push through with your visa application, you need to pay the Standard Visitor Visa fee priced at £89 (around 33 KDN) together with the following requirements:
- Your valid original passport with two consecutive blank pages
- Financial documents (i.e. building society book, bank statements, or proof of earnings as indicated in an official letter from your employer which details your position, salary, start date of employment, and company contact details) to prove that you have sufficient funds for your travel
- Documents that will show that a third-party (who is either in the UK or will be legally in the UK at the time of your travel) will be providing financial support to you along with documents as specified in the previous point that will show that they have sufficient funds to support you in addition to themselves as well as their dependents, if applicable.
- Confirmation of legal residence, if you are not a citizen of the country from where you are applying or if your right to reside in that country is not specified in your passport.
- If self-employed: business registration documents detailing the business owner’s name and the date when the business began its operation.
- Your flight itinerary
- Your hotel booking or place of residence where you’ll be staying for your trip to the UK.
Other details that may be asked:
- your parents’ information including their names and dates of birth
- your partner’s name, date of birth, and passport number
- the name, place of residence and passport number of any family member you have in the UK
- any information on any civil, criminal, or immigration offences that you have committed
- To apply for a Standard Visitor Visa from outside the UK, click here.
- Once you have completed the application process, book an appointment through the VFS Global website.
Note: Booking an appointment is a very important step for your visa application as walk-in applicants are no longer entertained.
- On the day of appointment, be at the visa application centre (VAC) 15 minutes before your scheduled time and make sure to bring your appointment letter together with your application pack, a colour photograph, your passport, receipt of payment for your visa application fee, and secondary valid form of ID.
The Visa Application Centre in Kuwait can be located at:
Level 30, Arraya Center, Alshuhada Street,
Near Courtyard Marriott, Kuwait City
Note: Upon arrival at the VAC, you need to get a token to know your turn to proceed with the application. Also, hold on to your receipt, as this will be required when you collect your documents.
- The VAC staff will then collect your biometric information (photograph and fingerprints).
Tip: To avoid any delays with your biometric info collection, make sure that your fingertips are free from any form of design or decoration, abrasions, cuts, or other markings as any of these may affect the quality of your finger scans.
- Once you have accomplished all the application steps, you will be asked whether you wish to collect your documents in person or have them delivered to you by post.
Note: You can monitor the status of your visa application by availing the SMS service upon submission of your application at the VAC.