In an official statement from the website of the Ministry of Health (MOH), the Kuwait government has announced that it has launched a pre-registration service for COVID-19 vaccination in the country.
According to health minister Dr. Basil Al-Sabah confirmed that the vaccination will be launched in the country once it has been officially approved by international official bodies. He also shared that he is looking forward to the accreditation to be completed by year-end and that the vaccination campaign to be launched according to priorities within the outgoing period.
Kuwait Rolls Out COVID-19 Vaccine Pre-Registration Services for All Residents
In a statement, health minister Al-Sabah shared that the vaccination campaign will take place through a hall prepared in the fairgrounds, which can be considered as one of the largest in the region. The projected number of vaccinations could reach up to 10,000 persons per day, the Al-Rai Daily reported.
He added that a special program has been organized for the vaccination campaign to save time and ensure the safety and efficacy of the procedures. Moreover, he noted that anyone who will get vaccinated will receive a digital certificate sent to their phones with the mention of the vaccine, its date, as well as a passport number in case they would need it for travel purposes.
How to Register for the Vaccination Campaign:
- Go to the Ministry of Health’s website.
- Click the banner that says ‘COVID-19 Vaccine Pre-registration’ as shown below:
- On the next page, fill out all the required information including your:
- Civil ID no.
- Civil ID serial no. (can be found behind your Civil ID)
- Passport no.
- Mobile no.
- Email ID
- Education Qualifications
- In the Medical Records section, make sure to tick all the boxes that apply to you, as shown below:
Credits: Screengrab of the MOH website
- Once done, click ‘Submit’. You will receive a notification through text about the location and the date for your vaccination schedule.
Here is the official announcement as shown in this video, shared by CGKuwait/Facebook: